Mrs. Nolan - 4th Grade Teacher
A new year...welcome to 4th grade!
I have been teaching at Dickinson Elementary since 1999 and still feel we have the best school around. We have a connected and fun staff, supportive parents, and wonderful students.
Building avid readers, awesome mathematicians, creative leaders, and happy students continues to be my goal. Fostering a love for learning, encouraging positive choices and building a growth mindset are so important for a great year! We work as a team: student, parent, teacher and we all have the same goal - student success! Looking forward to another amazing year.
4th grade goals and expectations-
Teacher Goals- I will create a classroom community where:
- Each child feels safe, valued, and cared for
- Mutual respect is given to adults and classmates
- Students are encouraged to think critically and creatively
- Students receive instruction that is consistent, purposeful and relevant
Student Expectations- The students are expected to:
- Be courteous, kind and respectful
- Be accountable and responsible for their own learning and work
- Come to school prepared and willing with a growth mindset
- Follow school and community agreements
- Take risks in their learning, make mistakes, and keep trying
- Believe in themselves and have fun!
Family Support- You can support your child and the school by:
- Making sure your child gets adequate sleep and a good breakfast
- Having your child read and have fun playing some online math games each night
- Encouraging responsibility and good study habits
- Helping your child learn to positively resolve conflicts and respect adults and peers
- Talking with your child about his/her school activities